School Advisory Board
The School Board is an advisory body guiding the educational policies of St. Joseph of Cupertino School, subject to such rules and regulations that proceed from the Bishop through the Diocesan Superintendent of Schools.
The following are some of the duties and functions of the School Advisory Board:
- to cooperate with and support the pastor, and principal in his/her role as defined by Diocesan guidelines;
- to recommend policies that relate to the overall operation of the school to ensure quality Catholic education;
- to develop and review the school's long range (5 year) plan;
- to create better understanding and support of Catholic Education and to act as a public relations group in making the work and achievements of the school better known to the entire parish and civic communities;
- to analyze the school budget to determine if it realistically reflects the general financial and physical needs of the school;
- to assist in an annual maintenance review of school buildings and grounds;
- to recommend resources needed for development of educational programs;
- to evaluate its own effectiveness on an annual basis as well as the working relationship between the school principal and the School Advisory Board.
This year (2017-2018) the School Board members are:
- Fr. Greg Kimm - Pastor
- Michael Lee - Principal
- Rom Pereira - President
- Ines Gonzalez - Vice President
- Peter Hung - Recording Secretary
- Mary Ann Kimm - Development Director/Family Service Coordinator
- Michelle Miller - Family Service Coordinator
- Rick Bernsten
- Lennie Guillermo
- Jeff Kemp
- Elizabeth Semaan
- Jongki Suwandi
Open meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM in the art room of the school. The date and agenda will be in the Tuesday envelope preceding the meeting. The board values your input on improving our school. Please send us email, SchoolBoard.firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out a point of information form if you have any question, concern, or proposal you would like discussed by the board.
SJC 2016-2017 Budget Summary
The SJC School Budget is reviewed each month at the School Board Meeting, which is open to all school parents and parishioners (second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the school's Art Room). Each year we will post a summary report on this website. To view the summary [PDF] for fiscal year 2016-2017, please click here [PDF]. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Principal Michael Lee at Principal.email@example.com and/or the SJC School Board at SchoolBoard.firstname.lastname@example.org.